Sunday 18 August 2013

Standing in a field waiting for a car

Was not how I envisaged today's run going. Today was meant to be easy, 120 minutes of easy running to simulate HM distance.
The Run
Almost straight away I felt something wasn't right, barely a kilometer in I felt a tightening in my left hamstring. I was also experiencing pain in my left achilles with every hill, be it up or down. The achilles is nothing new, I've been suffering from a bit of tendonitis for some time, a result of my dodgy calves. Hamstring pain is new though, one of the few muscles that I've not injured over the years!
For once I made a sensible decision, stop running now, get home & get to run another day. On a long run I carry a mobile with me so I made a call home & Paula picked me up. I spent the morning stretching & on ice. I failed to recognise the exertion yesterday, failed to respect the challenge. By cutting the run short I at least minimised the damage. Hopefully with the aid of the roller, ice and some stretching I might be back out on the road Tuesday. 




















The Eat
Just because the run was abandoned doesn't mean that breakfast should be. What better way to start a Sunday than Eggs Benedict?

No comments:

Post a Comment