Saturday 17 August 2013

Pride 10k T-10 hours

Less than 10 hours before the start of a race I want to push for a PB at. Why am I blogging? Why am I even awake?

Welcome to the world of a telecoms engineer! We work the silly hours so that uptime is maintained during those core business hours. This does mean that at 1am you find yourself trying to keep busy, especially when you're essentially babysitting a system, waiting for someone else's work to finish in order to check that your kit still works!

Some tomorrow, or today even it will be time to run the Pride 10k. Realised that I was wrong in a previous blog update, I did run sub 52 once last year. But it has been a barren period for decent 10k times & after the debacle that was the British 10k I'm looking forward to the race. Much smaller, much better organised & a known quantity.

It will be nice to wear my Xempo sub 52:00 orange shirt legitimately again!

No comments:

Post a Comment