Monday 26 August 2013

120 Easy

Today called for 120 minutes of easy running. Think the plan originally was for a 30/30/30 tempo bookended by easy but after last week's failure to register significant distance I felt it was more important to get a longer run in.
The Run
We started on the same route that I pulled up lame on last week and it was quite nice to go past the tree of woe!! The hamstring felt tight again, both that & my left glute were proving painful on downhill stretches, it took about 7km to run off the pain & loosen up.
Mrs H & I said our goodbyes just before the hour mark, she decided to run straight home whereas I felt the need for more distance. Bishops Stortford and the run to / from provided plenty of undulation, something that'll pay dividends in both of my planned HMs.
My last km was my fastest, always a nice way to end a run, 115 minutes banked.
Need to stretch out and ice up the remainder of the day, changing the plan slightly to give myself tomorrow off, ahead of the work canter on Wednesday.
The Eat
Having run the best part of two hours surely everything I eat is free? The scales even suggested I'd dropped under 14st, though post run weigh ins don't count!!
Today's brunch consisted of pancakes & bacon with lashings of maple syrup, appreciated by both Paula & myself.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Chris, and it's making me hungry - the food part at least! :)

    ReplyDelete