Thursday 15 August 2013

50 Easy

Today's plan called for more easy running ahead of this weekend's Pride 10k. This is a break in the norm for me as Thursday is normally reserved for speed work. With that in mind I set off bound for Elsenham, a well known 9k lap back towards Stansted that provides a couple of hills depending on which way you run it.

Completed the loop in just shy of 52 minutes, at no point extending myself too much. The target for Saturday is a 51:00 10k, which with the route being three flat laps, could be possible. Last time I went sub 52:00 was in December 2011 with a 51:12 that remains my PB for the distance. That said, the Copenhagen HM training has been progressing nicely, my parkrun times are in the low to mid 25 minute area, which although some way off my best of 24:21 are on different, non comparable courses. The one big wildcard for Saturday is what condition I will be in. Working overnight so the level of sleep I get will be dictated by what time I get out of work! Might well be running on fumes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment