Monday 23 September 2013

Stats!

I'm in the office early, instead of running this morning. So to add some running focus to my day I've managed to work out how to create a nice graph in Excel.


A visual representation of my parkrun progress over the past three years. Of course this doesn't take into account any conditions or different runs, but it is a nice indicator of when I've been quick & when I've been slow. For example, my PB at the start of 2012 remains in place to this day, though recent improvements (and increases in the number of parkruns participated in) suggest it might be broken soon.
It is also fitting that my slowness at the end of 2012 / start of 2013 is very clear to see. Injuries / lack of training / extra weight. The graph doesn't tell the entire story, the Highbury & Islington January 2013 run was in the ice after all!
The trend since March this year is especially pleasing though. It was after the MK Half in January that I adopted a training plan & it looks to be paying dividends.

No comments:

Post a Comment