Friday 20 September 2013

Autumn Season: 3 days in, 1 run missed already!

Just three days into my autumn ten week plan & I'm missing a run! Unfortunately a combination of still painful quads & needing to replace the car battery meant that I didn't get out on Wednesday. When I did venture onto the pavements yesterday it was with every intention of being the easiest run in history.
I think I averaged 6:30/km, a far cry from my half marathon pace of Sunday. I'm a bit concerned that the quads are still a bit painful, by Weds they've normally sorted themselves out. I suspect that two half marathons in two weekends can have a negative affect! So I've been trying to stretch out as much as possible, I see a hot bath in my immediate future for tonight, lots of Natural Hero to be applied!
Tomorrow is parkrun day. We're returning to Chelmsford & bringing some friends with us. I last ran there on an icy day in January, returning a 27:22. I should be able to run much faster than that tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment