Wednesday 4 September 2013

A new season, a new plan

September has started & that means the season is changing from summer to autumn. The 15th marks the end of my current training plan, the Copenhagen half being the pinnacle.

This left my autumn plans a bit empty. A lot revolves around a London Marathon place for 2014, something I won't know about until mid October. One intention was to have a month off, another to run streak for a month. These conflicting ideas led to a more sensible middle of the road approach - stick to the norm.
No further half marathons are booked in, I have a wishful eye on Bermuda in January & a more serious eye on the Helsinki half in May. Nothing for 2014 will be booked until I know whether I need to conquer 26.2 miles of London's tarmac.

So here's the next 10 week plan, something to work on until the end of November. No long distances, though a 10 miler might be on for November at some point. If the VLM 2014 ballot entry is successful then the latter half of the plan will probably be ripped up!


No comments:

Post a Comment