Friday 6 September 2013

One last run

I've never been a fan of tapering, perhaps because I always go into a race feeling undercooked. The shoehorning of Run to the Beat on Sunday into my Copenhagen training plan has slightly confused the issue. This time around I'm feeling good, feeling prepared. The training has gone well, pace has returned. Whether I needed one more long run to guarantee stamina remains to be seen, I think the energy is there though as I've been less reliant on energy gels when running 75+ mins.
Who knows what Sunday will bring, the target is to break 1:55 & then do it all over again a week later in Copenhagen.
The Run
The last run before RTTB, decided against anything silly, hill sprints & fartlek were off the menu! A beautiful misty morning greeted me yesterday & the loop out to the west of Stansted provided the scenery. It's a loop I probably overdo during the summer, compensating for it being off limits over the winter, country lanes and no daylight does not make for a great combination. The loop is an undulating 7km that can be run either north or southbound, I opted for south yesterday as the long hill back to the house will best mimic the mile 11 hill on the RTTB course.
7km in 42 mins, easy as you like, tapering done (save for a squash game today).
The Eat
A late finish to work, spinning head, lack of gin & contempt for cooking providing a dinner solution. A big dirty Domino's pizza! It's carb loading yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment