Monday 18 August 2014

HM Training 7/12 - A week of rest (ish)

In order to recover from the Pride 10k exploits & learn lessons from last year week 7 was going to offer 6 days of rest. Then a gentle parkrun & perhaps a nice long run on Sunday. As with all plans, there has to be some wriggle room & by Wednesday I was packing my running kit in my work bag & heading out for a lunchtime run.
As the week was aimed primarily at rest I won't go into huge detail about every run. On Wednesday I was slow & lacked rhythm. Thursday evening I ran after work at a new location & with new company, though those details will be saved for a blog a long way in the future.
Saturday's parkrun didn't come to fruition. A group of us were stopping in at Black Park on the way to the ladies cricket at Wormsley, but the game situation made the 4 hours driving for 2 hours cricket not so appealing. Instead of running, I headed to Great Notley to volunteer & shadow Len, the Run Director. I got to see first hand everything that goes into a parkrun, before, during & afterwards. I even got to give the first timers briefing, welcoming newcomers to the event & to the hill of doom! Again though, more on these events at a later date.
Clipboard & a floro vest, a nice look
Sunday's long run has been deferred. I'm working lates this week & from home on Wednesday so that will provide a perfect opportunity to run the planned 100 minutes and start building some distance into the legs as we approach Richmond.
The past couple of weeks have been very interesting, more from a run admin side than the actual running. I leave you with this image and a promise that things are looking interesting for 2015.....

A bit of a tease. What could this be?

No comments:

Post a Comment