Monday 17 March 2014

Starting the week the easy way

The need for sleep and a rest for my knee meant my usual Sunday run was deferred until this morning. I'm starting work later this week, allowing me to get a long run in beforehand.
For some reason my body decided to wake 20 minutes before my usual 0535 alarm! After snoozing for a while I was out of the door before heading out the door just before six am. With the Brentwood half marathon on Sunday my aim was to bank some easy miles to ensure I'm ready.
I decided to head to Quendon, then once on the way to Newport make a turn back south towards Elsenham before returning to Stansted. This is a route I'd not visited for sometime, a good ten mile route.

The Run

Despite a slow first kilometre I was soon into a settled pace around the 6:00/km mark. I felt decent throughout, with the 15th kilometre being the fastest. The knee did not prove too painful and previous ailments such as shin splints weren't a factor.
Even the final ascent up Chapel Hill in Stansted didn't tax me too much and I was soon home, happy with the morning's work.

Sometimes a run goes that well, there isn't much to talk about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment