Wednesday 19 March 2014

A bit tight

With a few days left before the Brentwood Half I headed out this morning for some kind of tempo run. I hadn't consulted my plan so the idea was just to head out and see how I felt.

The Run

A slow first kilometre is par for the course as I took on the Stansted loop from south to north. I then seemed to hit a brick wall. No matter what I tried I seemed unable to push my pace lower than 5:45/km. My quads and glutes felt tight, the sixteen clicks from Monday still making their presence felt.
I realised that it was just one of those days. No point trying to fight it, just worth trying to gut it out and get home. I finished around the 41 minute mark and immediately started stretching out.

The Conclusion

Not a great run, but a reminder that I need to manage my recovery better. I'm hoping to include a parkrun before the half marathon so the need to stretch will be important.

No comments:

Post a Comment